Monday, June 16, 2014

When life gets in the way of writing

It seems like life is always getting in the way of writing for me. I have a job, which takes up most of my time, and when I finally have days off I have to catch up on things around the house. It seems like I'm only able to get a few hours of writing or editing in per day. Sometimes I get no hours in, which is why I'm so behind on my publishing. I could have published my book already if it wasn't for my life always getting in the way. I need to work a job to make sure I have a roof over my head, food for me and my dogs, and sometimes even something new to entertain myself with like a video game or book. Whenever I'm at work I always get ideas for something that would make whatever I'm working on better. I carry a notebook around everywhere I go, but sometimes I don't get to write in it. Sometimes I'm busy and end up losing the great idea. On days like those I think about how great it would be if I could work as a writer full time. That's my dream, and I hope to get there one day. It'll take a lot of work, and a lot of time I probably don't have. Some nights I stay up late, thinking how about how much more I could write if I didn't have to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment