Thursday, June 19, 2014

I'm a discovery writer

I was watching a lecture at the gym about the two different types of writers. One is basically an out liner and the other is a discovery writer. At first I thought, these types don't describe me at all. Then I realized that I was a discovery writer. A discovery writer is someone who has trouble finishing one thing because they are ready to move onto the next. They also get ideas while already working on things, which distracts them. The out liner writes down everything they want to happen and fills in the blanks as they go. My desk is covered with post it notes filled with ideas for things I'm trying not to work on. I'm trying to finish what is almost ready to publish so I can publish it. I don't feel too bad about the type of writer I am since I get a bunch of cool ideas, I just need to stick with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment