Monday, June 2, 2014

An author should never fight with someone on twitter, or facebook

One thing I think an author should never do is fight with another person on social media. It doesn't matter who that person is, or what they say. This morning I logged into twitter and someone had posted a picture of a naked woman. I was shocked, and even more shocked to find that it was an author. There are better ways to sell a book than showing a nude person, like showing off your talent for writing. Anyway, I told the poster that I didn't expect to see that, and his response was for me to unfollow him, which I did. I follow whoever follows me on twitter, so that was the only reason I had followed him. That was also the first I'd seen of his content. Well, the author of the nude book replied, basically making fun of me for not enjoying that sight. That's something that I don't think an author should do. To be honest, she should have ignored me. I just find it unprofessional. It's something you have to learn when you're in the public eye in any way. You have to let things go. You may not like what everyone says, but you shouldn't always reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment