Thursday, July 24, 2014

Why I shouldn't take breaks from writing.

It's taken me awhile to get back into the editing mood. Mainly because editing isn't as fun as writing. I don't like to skip days writing, so I usually try to either work on editing or writing something new. I feel like when I don't I'm wasting my time. After taking a break from writing, when I finally got back into editing (I only took a two and a half day break), I looked at my document and thought: That's a lot of text. Today is the first real day I've taken a look at my text and made sure everything within that chapter is in place. The way I edit is, I reread the chapter, edit it, make sure everything makes sense and nothing is overlooked. Make sure it goes well with what happens in the other chapters. After all that I move on to another chapter. Tomorrow's my day off, and I have a busy day. I don't know if I'm going to have enough time to edit, but I hope I do. I want to get everything ready to be published by either August or September.

No comments:

Post a Comment