Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My blog does not equal my book

I don't know why I feel the need to post this. No one has questioned my blog or my writing, but I just wanted to make a post about my blog and how it differs from my writing. My blog is not polished. I have not read and reread my blog hundreds of times. I write my blog more from my emotions and need to connect with people who may like my writing more than anything else. My writing is polished. I've read and reread my own work many times. I've edited. I've thought about the story and if I like the direction it's going. I've written and rewritten chapters. I've deleted things or added them. I know it's not perfect. It's my first book, but I've put effort into it. Not that I haven't put effort into blogging. I try to blog everyday. I try to blog about things people might find interesting about writing, but my blog is different than my writing. There are typos, it's far from perfect, but if it helps me connect with urban fantasy readers than its all it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment