Monday, July 14, 2014

Authors who use kickstarter

I'm not sure how I feel about authors who use kickstarter. There are things the author needs for the book, like a cover, ads, and editors that they have to pay for themselves. I've never visited an author's kickstarter page, so I'm not sure if they offer any prizes, and I have never personally used kickstarter. I don't even know if I've ever been to the site. I'm not sure why, but I think there are better ways to raise the money for your book, other than kickstarter. You can put ads on your blog/websites, you can sell things that people might want to buy, or you can do what I did and get some affiliates. So far I only have one, and I'm not sure how well I'm going to do with it. I have bills and I work an almost full time job, and on top of that I'm going to be going back to school this August, so I'm just as busy as other authors. I just feel like asking readers for money will make them less likely to read something I've written. I'm not sure how I would feel if I read a book and someone told me that kickstarter made it possible. I've already watched a movie that kickstarter made possible, but I feel like writing is different. It's free to write, but there are still things you need as an author that you can't do on your own. I think it would be easier to do a few giveaways to promote your book, reach out to reviewers, and ask your friends to go over your book to double check for errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment