Thursday, July 31, 2014

My favorite Goosebumps books

In an earlier post I said that Goosebumps were some of the books that helped me get into writing. It's been a long time since I've read a Goosebumps book (like I said, I would love for R.L. Stine to write an adult Goosebumps book and have a lot of his characters come together in a mental ward. Slappy can be one of the toys they use to entertain them, they can have a pet hamster like in monster blood, and Carly Beth can be obsessed with making masks). Anyway, I decided to list the Goosebumps books that I remember as being some of my favorites.

The Haunted Mask is the first book that I've ever read in only a day. Goosebumps books are so short that you can do that, but I would usually take a break when I reached a certain chapter and pick up later on. I think this was the first Goosebumps tv episode they aired too.



The Haunted Mask 2 was not only one of my favorite books, but one of my favorite episodes.



Who loves Goosebumps that doesn't love Slappy? For some reason I never read the first night of the living dummy, but my mom bought me this one when we went to walmart. I remember being drawn to the pink and green cover. I'm pretty girly, and I've always loved scary stories. This was the perfect mash up.



I also loved the complete monster blood series, but settled on this cover because it was the cutest. I am girly, remember?


There were a dozen more that I loved, but I can't remember a lot of them now. Hopefully seeing the new Goosebumps movie (starring Jack Black) will jog my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment