Friday, July 11, 2014

Casual Friday: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode One Review

I don't watch much anime. Death Note is probably my all time favorite, and the reason I want to watch more anime. I think I was more open to watching anime as a child, since Sailor Moon and Ronin Warriors were some of my favorite shows (along with Power Rangers and V.R. Troopers). Sailor Moon usually came on at around two p.m., when I was still at school. I remember talking to my friends about the show, and when one of us missed school we would have to fill the others in on what happened. When I got older I googled Sailor Moon and found that the Japanese anime was much different than the American one. I know a lot of people looked for the Japanese versions, but I didn't. I had already moved on to Death Note and Black Blood Brothers. I even tried watching an episode of that anime Vampire Hunter D, or something like that. The main character's name was Dracula spelled backwards. Alucard. Anyway, when I heard about the Sailor Moon remake I knew I had to check out. I was warned by twitter that it wasn't based on the 90's anime, it was based on the manga. So far I've only watched the first episode on crunchyroll. Warning to those who are interesting in checking it out, there are subtitles. Anyway, it had some elements that I remember, like Sailor Moon being immature and getting poor grades. The episode starts with Sailor Moon having a dream that makes her late for class. She's dreaming that she's a princess dancing with a handsome stranger. She goes to school, on her way tripping over a cat with a crescent moon on it's forehead. The cat later becomes her guide. The episode itself was short, and seemed to be aimed at a younger audience. I'll probably check out a few more episodes to see what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment