Friday, July 18, 2014

Casual Friday: Finding Carter

 
Mtv must have high hopes for this show, because on the previews they say 'this season' on all of their previews. This also made sure to show ads for their show on just about every other station. The idea behind the show seemed pretty interesting to me, so I checked it out. After watching the third episode, I'm still not sure what to think about it. Carter is a teen who has a close relationship with her mother, who turns out to be her kidnapper. She's sent back to her real family, and at first she hates them all. She soon begins to bond with her little brother and father, and capture the attention of all the male characters at her school. I really hate watching shows where all the males are attracted to one female. Carter hates her 'new' mom, and often acts out by doing drugs, dating boys she shouldn't, and partying until she passes out. Her relationship with her father is what I find most interesting in the show. He's a writer who promised her that he wouldn't write about her, but he is anyway. I bet that's going to play a huge part in the finale. I bet her mother is going to ask her if she wants to run away with her, and she's either going to say yes because of the book, or it's going end on a cliffhanger, where we don't know if she went with her mother or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment