Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekend Review: The Hunger Games

I know I'm way behind in reading this book, and I couldn't say much about the book without spoiling it for those who haven't read the book or seen the movie. I probably put it off because I didn't want to read about war, but this book wasn't really about a war. The entire time I was reading the book I kept thinking that the hunger games could happen. I loved the movie too, but I probably do need to rewatch it, since I couldn't spot many differences. The scene with Rue (in the book) is one of the most heartbreaking scenes I've ever read. Peeta was a sweetheart, doing things to help Katniss because he was in love with her. I did wonder what the capital was up to while the kids were fighting to the death, since the book was told from Katniss's pov, we didn't get to see what they were up to. I loved this book, but I don't want to say much about it, since that would spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it/seen the movies.

FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS



BUY THE BOOK IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY

No comments:

Post a Comment