Saturday, August 23, 2014

Let The Right One In

For those of you who don't know, Let The Right One In is a Swedish film and the basis for Let Me In. I watch a lot of foreign horror movies. I've seen all the ones that got American remakes (all the Asian ones anyway), and after reading about this one I had to see it. I'm sorry to say that I did not care for it. I was told it was a must watch vampire movie, but for me it was an avoid at all costs snooze fest. The story is slow, and even the violent parts drag on. It's the story of a little vampire girl befriending a regular boy. A boy who is bullied. You've probably figured out where this is going, but if you haven't, she kills the bullies. I never finished watching the movie. I just couldn't get into it. I knew her guardian was actually a boy she befriended who grew into a man. I don't know much other than what I've written. The American remake is on now and it looks much better. I might actually have to watch it. The movie does raise some questions for me, like if I was a young vampire how would it feel to make these friends who grow up and die? How would I feel if I was the bullied kid who befriended the vampire? Would I care that she killed the bullies? I'm sure I'd feel a lot of guilt. What would it be like to live a life where you can never grow up, fall in love, or support yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment