Monday, August 4, 2014

My LEAST Favorite Books

I've done a bunch of posts on my favorite books, and books that have inspired me, but today I wanted to do a post on books I hate. Some of these books I've actually read to the end. I also want to say that just because I didn't like these books doesn't mean that you will dislike these books. I've already had someone bashing me for my amazon review of one of these books, but we'll get to that in a minute.

I got this book because Barnes and Noble suggested it to me after I bought the Sookie Stackhouse books. I was waiting for the new Sookie Stackhouse book to come out and thought it would be cool to read this while I waited. I wasn't aware that this was the second book in a series, but you can read this book without reading the first. In the book Elena Micheals, the only female werewolf, is captured to be part in a crazy game where supernaturals kill each other. The entire book is Elena wishing Clay would save her, or whining about missing Clay. She came off as one of the weakest characters I had ever read. I also hated the tv show, which is basically just a rip off of true blood.




This is the book I got attacked for my review on. Another amazon reviewer said that I must not be very intelligent if I didn't like this book. Sorry to break it to you, but intelligence is not measured by what books you enjoy. I honestly think a better name for this book would be the art of forcing you to get on anti-depressants. This book is told from the point of view of a dog. The book actually starts off with the dog about to die!! I have two dogs and didn't want to read that. The dog follows his boring master through college and onward. His master falls in love, has a kid, his wife dies of cancer. After the man's wife dies he gets accused of having a "relationship" with an underage girl, so his daughter also gets taken away. I had to read this book for school, I never would have picked something like this on my own.

What's a Stephen King book doing on this list? Well, it's not that it was poorly written, or anything like that, I just didn't like the book. Stephen King has always been kind of a hit or miss author for me. I like some of his work, but hate some of his other books. This and Insomnia are the worst two Stephen King books I've picked up. I didn't finish either of them.




I bet a lot of people have never seen these books before. Sometime around the time when Final Destination 3 was released New Line Cinema partnered with Black Flame Publishing to give you these crappy books. I actually collect them, not because I like the stories, but because I'm a huge fan of horror movies. The content inside the books is mostly original, there are a few novelizations. These books are basically poorly written fan fictions. The ones by Natasha Rhodes are the worst of the worst. Some of the Nightmare on Elm Street ones actually had decent ideas behind them, but these books are still poorly written. I might do a collection post on them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment