Thursday, August 21, 2014

Treating Writing Like a Job, Because it is a Job.

When I first got into writing I treated it as a hobby (I was only in second grade lol). I think a lot of people still treat it as such. Something they do for fun. Writing is fun, but it's also hard work. You have to edit over and over again. You have to research. You can't just make someone a British solider without doing some research first. You have to sit at the computer, even when you don't want to, type out words until they make sense and then edit them. You have to force yourself to write when you have no inspiration. I remember an episode of Supernatural that featured Chuck. He said that writing was hard work and he would never pick that career on his own. I'm sure a lot of people didn't think about the comment, but writing is hard work. It is fun for a lot of people, but that just means you enjoy what you do. I enjoy writing, I don't enjoy editing. I enjoy making up new worlds and characters, but I do not view it as any less of a job. If anything, it's more work then my 'regular' job.

No comments:

Post a Comment