Tuesday, August 5, 2014

How do the werewolves in my novel compare to other werewolves?

Someone recently asked me how my werewolves compare to other werewolves. Do they walk on two legs or four? Are they normal wolves or some type of monster hybrid? How are they created? Are they born or bitten? Since it's getting closer to the day when I'll finally be able to publish my novel, I decided to talk about my werewolves. Anyssa Marshall, the main character of my book is a werewolf, and she was born that way. Since she's a purebred she can transform at will, and she doesn't have to transform her entire body. She does transform during the full moon, but she is always aware of her wolf. That doesn't mean she has full control, but she can sometimes stop the wolf from doing something she does not agree with. The werewolves in my story can also be created through bites or scratches, but they are not welcomed into a pack and usually die fairly soon after being bitten/scratched. They also can not transform at will. Anyssa and the members of her pack transform into 'regular' wolves, only a little bigger.



Also, here's some trivia for those of you wondering where I came up with the name Anyssa: A customer at one of my past jobs handed me a check and when I checked her id I noticed her first name was Anyssa. I had never heard of the name before and asked her to pronounce it. I loved the way the name sounded, and it must have stuck with me. I met this customer in 2009, and didn't start writing this book until 2011. I took a break from this book to write about zombies, but started writing this again when I saw it on my laptop and started reading through. I kept thinking, this is the kind of story that I would love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment