Saturday, May 31, 2014

School books that I actually enjoyed reading

I'd developed a love of reading (and writing) early on, so I was always excited whenever the teacher gave us our summer reading list. For me it meant more books, for my classmates it probably just meant more work. Anyway, here's some of the ones I enjoyed the most.

The first one is Bunnicula. I had to read this in sixth grade and don't remember much about it, other than it being about a vampire bunny. I was probably too old for the book at the time, but I still really enjoyed it.




The Giver is another book that I really enjoyed. It's about a future where people are forced into the jobs that are picked for them. One lucky boy gets to be the Giver, who is basically the only person with knowledge of a different world. It's kind of hard to explain without spoiling it, but it's a sci-fi book that I really enjoyed.



I really enjoyed the outsiders, and I am disappointed that I lost my copy in Katrina. I was planning to reread it. It's about a group of troubled teens who fight with each other over their social classes.



Lastly, there's Smack. I actually read this book on my own. I was later told to read it for one of my college classes. It was one of the best books I had ever read at the time. It's about two teen runaways who find themselves addicted to drugs. I had trouble putting this book down.

No comments:

Post a Comment