Friday, May 2, 2014

McFail

I'm a huge fan of Spiderman, and just comic book heroes in general, so yesterday when I saw the post about gendered Spiderman toys I had to check it out. I was kind of shocked to find that the toys were pink and heart covered. Why can't the girls have action figures? When I was little I remember having some gendered toys, but summer movies usually were gender neutral. I remember getting every power ranger toy, and even buying some of the special action figures they offered. If they just included a Gwen Stacey action figure they could appeal to males and females without offering pink sticker books. I can't even tell what some of these things are. Also, it's worth noting that I read an article about Pokemon toys coming to Mcdonalds and Mcdonalds offering another option for the girls. Really? Pokemon is gender neutral. They could have an option for kids who don't like Pokemon, but they shouldn't genderize the toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment