Friday, May 23, 2014

Casual Friday: The swag/yolo/selfie generation

I don't understand this current generation, the one that stops walking in the middle of the mall just to take a "selfie". I was recently on my way to work and there were two young men walking as slowly as possible with their pants sagging halfway to their knees. They got angry when I passed them up, and started to curse about me and say negative things about me. That's fine with me. I'm not interested in whatever it is that they are doing. They aren't the type of people that I would ever befriend. I honestly can't see what's so cool about the way they act, the selfies they take, or their general attitude about everything, which they've dubbed swag. When I was there age (I'm well aware that I still look their age), I used to read books and do other nerdy things. I kept to myself and didn't have a negative attitude. I wrote poems and did other productive things. I'm embrassed to admit that I got into an arguement with one of them about a week or so ago on twitter. She was a Beyonce fan who thought Jay Z should have beaten Spolnge or whatever her name was. I don't think a man should ever put his hands on a woman. He could restain her, he doesn't need to hit her or beat her. She said that she'd seen penty of fights and thought if a woman wanted to hit a man she should be hit. I don't think a man should hit a woman, I also don't think a woman should hit a man. I don't think anyone should hit anyone! I'm against real life violence, although I don't have a problem with violent tv, movies, books, and video games. Those are fiction. In real life we need to be kinder to each other, and stop having these negative attitudes. The negativeness isn't doing anyone any good.

No comments:

Post a Comment