Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Bloggers

Part of self publishing is promotion. You have to promote yourself. I haven't been doing a lot of that since my book isn't out yet and I'm not sure when it will be. I'm not sure I know how to promote a book that isn't out yet. I haven't even written the blurb for it yet. In some ways writing the blurb is harder than writing the book. I guess because I'm too close to the project. A long time ago I remember reading Rachel Vincent's blog. She said that she didn't write her own blurbs. I was surprised, I'd always thought the author wrote those. I also found out an author doesn't really have much control over their books or how they are marketed after the rights have been sold to a publishing house. Anyway, maybe now is the time to reach out to book bloggers. I know it takes them awhile to sort through their emails and requests, but maybe I should at least start looking at book blogs. I need to find the blogs that review urban fantasy books about werewolves, and other things (I have plans for non-werewolf books too). I wouldn't mind doing some interviews after my book is released, so I need to look at those sites too. If any book bloggers happen to come across this blog and are interested in reviewing my book (no release date so far), please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment