Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Maybe I need a website?

Yesterday I was very understandably angry about what happened to my YouTube account. It was later determined that my account did nothing wrong and it was given back. I have never used my youtube account for book related purposes (other than watching book reviews), but I was still angry to see it go. The incident did get me thinking about promotions and blogs vs. websites and now I am wondering if I need a website. I know many authors have both blogs and websites. Blogs are usually used to write their ideas in and talk about things that matter to them, while websites are used to promote their books and inform about them. I think one of the areas where I'm lacking is informing people about myself. I'm bad at talking about myself, and never really know what to say on my author bios. I also think that a website would be a great way to introduce myself to a new group of people, but I'm still not one hundred percent sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment