Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fivver for cover art

I'm just starting out as an author, so I can't afford much when it comes to cover design. I found a website called fivver in my search for a cheap cover and instantly joined it. I liked that I was able to search through the projects until I found one that I liked. I purchased the gig without thinking much of it. I got the cover back the same day, probably about an hour after I had placed the order. I was content with the finished product, but didn't think much about the cost. When you do a five dollar gig on fivver, you only end up getting four dollars after the gig is complete. If I could afford to, I wouldn't use fivver, but I do think it is a good tool. Before everyone starts getting angry and thinking that I am cheating the artist by using fivver, think of this, a new artist trying to start a business. I'm not saying everyone on there is a new artist, but they can use the site to help themselves build a following. They would also have covers to show later on when trying to get more work. I can see both sides of fivver, the good and the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment