Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Newspaper

Someone once told me that one of the late shows has one of those segments where they show newspapers from around the world. The newspapers shown are horrible. Most of them have bad grammar, or just don't make sense. I lived in a small town with a newspaper like that for five years. I remember one headline saying something along the lines of, "he had fifty pounds of weed and a reel fast truck". For five years I avoided the newspaper, which is a big deal to me because I have always wanted a job working for the newspaper. The grammar errors got to me more than I thought they would (the guy who wrote for the newspaper was also kind of a jerk). It kind of makes me wonder how people see my little blog. I don't check for grammar errors in my blog, but I would like to think I sort of have a grip on that. Even if it's a small grip on grammar. I would hope that people don't turn away from my blog just because I misspell a word or misplace a comma. I don't check my grammar and spelling in my blog, I just write. Sometimes I write about things I'm passionate about, and other times I just write short blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment