Sunday, October 2, 2016

Weekend Review, Halloween Edition: Scream the tv series

It's back! Weekend reviews are back! I know I usually write about books, and hopefully I will be back to reviewing (and writing) book soon, but I also watch a lot of movies, tv, and play a lot of video games so you might see a lot of that thrown in here as well. I have decided to try to post about only scary books/movies/games/tv shows for the entire month of October. The first tv show that I am going to review is Scream. Now, I haven't gotten to watch both seasons, in fact, I haven't finished the first. This show was on tv at the time that I was living with my ex and it was one of the shows he didn't want us to watch so we didn't watch more than the first episode. Now that I am away from him, I started to watch it again. At first I wasn't sure if I would like it. I am a fan of the original three movies (I watched the 4th but have no thoughts on it), and I didn't like how they changed the killer's mask. I also didn't like how some characters seemed to be rip offs of other characters, like Noah being a rip off of Randy. I pushed myself to keep watching and found that it was entertaining. The story was different, which is why there is a different mask. Everything seems to still link to the mother, which I honestly wish they have changed, but the show itself is entertaining. The blood wasn't cut for tv, and the show does feel like it exists in the same universe as the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment