Thursday, October 13, 2016

Why can't we get a decent female superhero movie/tv show?

Recently I commented on a youtube video about a Black Widow movie. I said that I was not in favor of it, which sparked a debate in the comments section. People went crazy, until I put my reasoning. I don't think Scarjo can carry a movie. I've seen Lucy and thought it was a decent movie, but I wouldn't have gone to the movies to see Lucy. I also don't enjoy the way the character was treated in the comics. I also think that she's not the best comic book character to get a movie. Her story has been told, and she's also better as a supporting character. Something else that really gets on my nerves is that female superheros usually have to have female villains. While their rouges galleries are smaller, I'm sure the producers have their pick of great comic material to work with. Why not pick a good story and improve on it? Story means a lot to me when I go to the movies, as I'm sure it does most people. Is the movie industry afraid to give us a female character who might not make it out alive? I came across an article when I first started writing about how you need to put your characters in danger if you are writing fiction. No one wants to read a book about a heroine who faces no risks. Anyway, sorry if I was rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment