Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekend Review: Horns by Joe Hill

I admit that I didn't finish this book. I got further in this book than I thought, but I didn't finish it. After about eighty pages I stopped reading. Why did I decide to review this book if I haven't finished it? Well, I feel like I got enough of the book's overall tone. I had been wanting to check out Joe Hill's writing for a long time, and I thought I would check out his comic book first, but then I saw the trailer for the movie Horns. The book and movie are about a man named Ig who is accused of the murder and rape of his girlfriend. The story starts a year after her death when Ig wakes up with horns that make people confess their darkest desires to him. I would have kept reading the book if it had the same pacing that it had from the start. Unfortunately, the book went into flashback mode to show an old friendship/the relationship between Ig and his girlfriend. They met in the church when she was using Morse code to tell him to stop looking at her legs. I get the impression that Morse code was something big for her because the book had Morse code all over the inside. After the church scene I lost interest. I thought about picking up the book again and skipping around, but I couldn't do it. I had already been taken out of the experience I was having.



Two Out Of Five Stars

BUY THE BOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment