Saturday, September 13, 2014

Watching The World

Part of my job as a writer is observing. I'm always observing. When I'm at work I'm observing, trying to figure out why people do what they do. When I'm at lunch I usually sit outside under a large umbrella and observe the world around me. When it rains I sit by the window and watch the weather. Rain is my favorite type of weather. I love watching the sky darken and having the first few drops of rain wash over me. I love the scent of the air before it rains, and the drop in temperature. I love coming inside after being soaked with rain and putting my hair up, before changing into pajamas. I love the sound of the rain beating on a tin roof, which I used to have to hear in art class during my senior year of high school. We took art in a small building that had a tin roof. I hate the winter and how the weather chills me to the bone. I hate wearing bulky clothing, I hate layering my clothes. I hate the sad excuse we have for snow that gets in my shoes and clings to my socks. It's more like wet, muddy, mush. Creative types see the world differently than regular people. Something that means nothing to a regular person could inspire a song, a poem, a drawing, or even a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment