Thursday, May 28, 2015

Young Adult

I've never written a young adult novel, and I don't know if I plan to. I didn't really read young adult novels until recently. When I was a teenager there either weren't as many young adult novels or they were poorly marketed. I remember reading Stephan King as a teenager. I think Smack and Speak may have been the only young adult novels that I read when I was a teenager. I kind of wish some of the novels that are available now wold have been there when I was a teenager. It would have been nice to read about characters who weren't one dimensional with easy to solve problems. I don't remember going to the library and seeing a section with vampires, werewolves, fairies, etc. When I was a teenager I think most of the fiction aimed at us was realistic, and that's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment