Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekend Review: Avengers Age Of Ultron

 I know that I need to get back to writing reviews on books, but I haven't been reading very much to be honest. I do love comic books, and I love checking out their adaptions. I did have a problem going into this movie though. This movie was released about a week earlier overseas, which means it was pirated and online already. There were already reviews up on this movie and a lot of them were negative. I wasn't sure that I even wanted to see it, but my boyfriend did so we got tickets and went. I'm glad that we did because it was better than the first. The only thing that I really had an issue with was the Hulk's lack of original story. He's been self loathing since his very first movie, and I understand his self loathing is a big part of his story, but he has so many other story lines that unfold in the comics that it seems to be a shame that this one is the one that keeps getting used. He's also Natasha's love interest, but the romance didn't seem real. It seemed like the romance was there to make flesh out Natasha's character, which they did. Hearing about her past was interesting, but I just don't think she could ever carry a movie. My two new favorite characters were the twins. I was just a little disappointed that they weren't called mutants and there was no Magneto reference. I know the characters are owned by different studios, but it would have been nice. I couldn't get interested in Hawkeye. I did like Thor in this movie, which is unusual since I don't like any of his movies. I never cared for Iron Man either, but here he was decent. Captain America didn't feel like a leader. It felt like everyone was doing their own thing, but I did really like his ending. The action was ok, but it didn't blow my mind.


Four Out Of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment