Friday, May 15, 2015

Perfect Writing

I haven't been writing very much about writing. That's probably because I've been busy writing and editing. I feel like I can't just throw something out into the world. It has to be perfect, and I never feel that anything that I write will be perfect. Maybe it's not supposed to be. Maybe all writing has flaws and I just can't always see it because I'm not the one who wrote it. I think all authors feel that way, but I'm not sure when they know their book is finished. When do you know the book that you wrote is as good as you can get it? Can it always get better? I'm sure if you passed around a notebook to every person in the world and told them to add to or edit the current story you'd get an ever changing story that become better with each stroke of the pen. I know there's no perfect, but when is there the best I can do? I think I'll always feel like I can do better, that's why my books aren't out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment