Saturday, May 30, 2015

Weekend Review: Bewitching: The Kendra Chronicles

I don't read many young adult novels, but whenever I do I wonder if it will be too young for me. I decided to read this one after reading Beastly, only to find that this one is too young for me. It's basically a retelling of Cinderella with bits of other fairy tales thrown in. In Beastly I liked Kendra, she was probably my favorite character, in her own novel she's basically a supporting character. I did like hearing what happened to her family and I guess the retelling of Hanzel and Gretal didn't bother me. I also liked that she explains why she keeps going to high school. I didn't care for any of the other characters, they were all bland. I honestly couldn't find myself caring about any of them, but I did wish that the book would have focused more on Kendra and not the other characters. This book is such a disappoint to me. Hopefully Towering is better because I bought that one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment