Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Creative Freedom

Creative freedom is something that I have personally struggled with for almost my entire life. I remember thinking about how people would see me if I wrote something they didn't like. I had a hard time sharing my work with my family and closest friends. I didn't want them to think of me as violent because I wrote about monsters. I also didn't want them to tell me what I should write, or let them influence me. I think that's part of the reason it's been so hard to unleash my writing around the world. I'm scared of what my family will think. I've always loved writing about vampires, werewolves, and other scary creatures, but I know there are some people who don't care much for those creatures. I was worried about what they might think if I wrote about zombies, or werewolves. I couldn't even write with my boyfriend in the same room as me, even though he likes all the creatures that I write about and displays interest in my writing. I came to realize that I was only holding myself back. I will never be able to be a successful writer if I don't embrace my creative freedom. I am the only one who thinks like I do, which means I am the only one who can tell a story like I do. I have to write the stories that I want to write, without fear that someone will try to tell me how to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment