Monday, May 25, 2015

Tech Support

Lately I've been doing a lot of editing, but my computer recently put a stop to that. I write on a laptop, I just think it's easier and I can bring it anywhere, and suddenly my mouse pointer disappeared. I couldn't click on anything! I couldn't scroll, I couldn't select anything, and I've never been able to use the computer without a mouse. This morning I finally got in touch with tech support, and the solution was simple (I just had to press f5). I was a bit scared that I would have to lose all my writing. I try to keep everything on a flash drive, but I forgot to save recently. Luckily, I got my computer to work again, but I need to start saving more frequently.

2 comments:

  1. You were lucky! My screen once went black and I had to bring it in to recover the open file. My lazy way of backing up is to email the file to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very lucky. I still need to back everything up to a flash drive. I was using google drive for awhile, but I didn't care for the format.

      Delete