Sunday, April 19, 2015

Weekend Review: Mortal Kombat X

I know that I'm probably a little behind with this review, but I wanted to test everything out before posting a review. Mortal Kombat has always been one of my favorite games. I remember going to a place called Mo's Pizza(where they served amazing pizza) and playing Mortal Kombat on the arcade machine while I waited for my dad to get the pizza. I've managed to play almost all of the Mortal Kombat games, including the Special Ops one with Jax that was probably one of the worst games that I've ever played. When Mortal Kombat X was announced my boyfriend preordered it and we even went to the release event at GameStop. The ac was broken, but we ended up staying for hours to get the game. Upon playing it I realized that I liked the graphics of the game more than any of the previous games. I liked seeing some familiar faces back to fight again, but I couldn't care less about the new people. Not even Cassie Cage, the daughter of Sonya and Johnny Cage. The normal combat mode was great, but I had problems with the story. I think the story should have started earlier, like five years earlier when Shau Khan was replaced with Kotal Khan (who is probably my least favorite character to fight with). I pretty much sat there with my mouth hanging open at the end of story mode. Nothing was resolved, and the final match was too easy. The difficulty on this game is too easy. If you play the game on medium it feels a bit like you're playing on easy. The story was lacking, but the visuals, fighting, and special moves make up for that.



Three Out Of Five Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment