Saturday, April 18, 2015

Tv adaptions that don't follow the book

This morning I turned on the tv to find that the season premiere of Bitten was on. I've talked about Bitten before, and I honestly do not like the series. I did watch a little of it, since I had read the second book and wondered if the second season would follow that story line. It didn't appear to, and that got me thinking about tv and movie adaptions that don't follow the story line that unfolds in the book. I don't really mind if the story in the book and the story that unfold on tv or a movie are the same as long as they don't change it up too much. I still want to know that what I'm watching is something from the same vein as what had been written. I want it to be similar enough to know that what I'm watching was inspired by the book or graphic novel of the same name. I think if it was my work being adapted I would enjoy seeing where others went with my work. There wouldn't be much point to watching a tv show or movie if you already knew what was going to happen, but there has to be a balance. It still has to resemble the original work enough for the fans, but be different enough to keep people interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment