Saturday, April 11, 2015

Weekend Review: Daredevil

Anyone who knows we knows that I love Marvel superheroes. Daredevil is one of my favorites, and when I heard that he was getting a show on Netflix I couldn't wait to check it out. I watched every trailer I could find and got excited when someone posted a link to the suit. When the actual show was released to Netflix I stayed up late to watch all the episodes. I loved the show, but I did have a few problems. I think the guy who was cast as Wilson Fisk was wrong for the role. His acting took away from the story, and I just wasn't interested in his story. He wasn't big enough to play Wilson Fisk and did not strike me as scary enough to be a kingpin of crime. Whenever his face was on the screen I found myself looking at my phone, or talking to my boyfriend about how much Wilson Fisk annoyed me. Another thing that I didn't care for was that I had to explain certain things to my boyfriend, who is a non comic book reader, because they weren't presented clearly on the show. I think that a lot of people may have had trouble with that. I also didn't like the costume, and I didn't like that it took so long to be revealed after the image of Daredevil in full costume was revealed. I just felt like it was underwhelming. Now, let's get to the good part, I enjoyed the darkness of the show, the black suit, the acting(for everyone but Fisk). The story was great, Matt and Foggy had a friendship that made me jealous. I would love to have a best friend like that. I also liked that they put a mention of Elektra in there. I hope she's in the next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment