Saturday, February 28, 2015

Casual Saturday: Power Rangers Fan Film

I wasn't able to post yesterday, but there was still something I wanted to post about. When I was younger I loved the power rangers. I was even a power ranger for Halloween in forth grade. Now that I'm an adult, I find myself looking forward to the upcoming reboot, so when I heard about the fan film that was getting so much attention I had to check it out. I wish I could say I liked it. I think the majority of people who watched it did like it. I think the biggest problem that I had with the fan film is that the power rangers always fought aliens, in this it took place after some sort of war against the machines. The film had no zordon or alpha, no Goldar or Lord Zedd. The story was lacking, the acting wasn't as great as it could have been, but it was a power ranger movie so I suppose it's ok. I didn't believe any of the people in the roles that they were in. This did not feel like a power rangers movie. The power rangers has always been a little goofy, and that is part of it's charm. I would love to see a dark power rangers film that still had the charm of the original show. What's wrong with fighting some villains and then hanging out at Angel Grove High? That's what the original rangers did. What's wrong with Bulk and Skull being goofy? Maybe the fan film was too gritty for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment