Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Should I put my writing before my needs?

Recently, it was time for me to leave work and instead of allowing me to leave the store manager told me that I needed to put the store's needs before my own. I can not express how angry this made me. The job I have now is not my dream job. I'm sure it's someone's dream job, but I'm barely scarping by with what I get paid. It's even worse now that I barely have any hours. Why am I talking about this issue which seems so personal in my blog? I'm talking about it because it got me thinking. I've been slacking on my writing. I actually have an almost finished novel on my computer, just waiting for it's final edits and I have yet to release it. I have another novel that I can't wait to devote some time to. I have several ideas for comic books that I haven't even gone over, and worst yet, my boyfriend is waiting to draw the images for those! This leads me to wonder, should I put my dream before my own needs? It's something I've wanted to do my entire life, but I'm not getting the chance to. Not that I would give up on school and quit my job (oh how I wish I had a new one though). I just wish I had more time to devote to writing. I'm sure that I could find some time to cut somewhere. Maybe I could combine my writing time with something else. Maybe I could bring my tablet to the gym, or use my cell phone to type up ideas. I do know one thing, I won't be giving up on my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment