Sunday, April 10, 2016

Weekend Review: The Final Girls

I love horror movies, but I was hesitant about picking up this horror comedy. I have only enjoyed a few horror comedies, like Tucker and Dale vs. Evil, but I am glad that I picked up The Final Girls. The Final Girls is about Max, who loses her mother and gets somehow sucked into the horror film that her mother is best known for. I love how the movie mixed modern horror with 70's and 80's horror. Parts of it reminded me of Friday the 13th. The horror film characters were all stereotypical, which added to the fun of watching the movie. The killer even had a backstory: he took too long in the bathroom so some mean kids set him on fire. I really enjoyed the Final Girls, but it was not without flaws. I kind of felt like something had been cut out of the movie, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. The movie was still great, and I would suggest it to anyone looking for a light horror comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment