Sunday, November 2, 2014

Weekend Review: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I decided to do something a little different for this week's weekend review. I normally review books, but I thought it would be cool to download a game that I was able to play a demo of. I'm already a big fan of the Pokemon game boy games, so when I got an email giving me a free code for a demo I downloaded it as soon as I got the chance.

The demo is very short, and basically showcases the graphics and fighting style. You start off by meeting Team Magma, and learning about Mega Evolutions. You have to fight almost as soon as the demo starts and are told to pick one of three starters. I picked the fire type, which defeated my enemy with a single hit.

After fighting you can explore a little, which has always been my favorite thing about Pokemon. I love exploring and catching Pokemon. You aren't given any pokeballs until the end of the demo, where you catch your first Pokemon. 

You don't even get to pick your character for the demo, which is okay, it's a demo, but I enjoy picking a character and leveling up my own Pokemon. I'm also not sure what the news thing on the bottom screen, since I didn't use it. I don't know if it will be a big part of the game, or if it's just something to give you hints or tell you where to go. I didn't really get to explore much, since all the doors were locked and there was only a few patches of grass to explore, but I did notice a few familiar faces among the Pokemon that I encountered. I just hope Pikachu is in this one, since Pikachu has always been my favorite. 

The graphics were great, about the same as X and Y. The fighting system was the same, and the mega evolutions were the same. Although the demo was short, it made me more excited for the full length game. I plan on picking up Sapphire (probably because I like the color blue more than red). 

No comments:

Post a Comment