Sunday, November 23, 2014

Weekend Review: The Hunger Games Mockingjay part one

This weekend I went to see the Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 with my boyfriend. We were both fans of the previous movies, and I had read the books. I enjoyed the first two Hunger Games books more than I liked Mockingjay (though I did like that she ended up with who I wanted her too). As it turns out, I also enjoyed the first two movies more than this one. I found that this movie followed the book a bit closely (the only major difference was Effie played a larger part). There were parts of the movie that may not have made sense if you hadn't read the book. I had to explain at least three things to my boyfriend because he hadn't read the books. Things like who taught Katniss the song and why it was important. I also found her relationship with Gale to be almost non-existent in the movie. In the book he kept whining about her talking to other men, He even got jealous of Finnick, who was clearly the only person who could understand what Katniss was going through. Her relationship with Finnick was also lacking. He was one of my favorite characters in the book, but in the movie they never displayed him as the damaged man that he should have been. There also wasn't much action in this movie, and sadly, I think the cat may have been the most interesting part.



Two Out Of Three Stars

2 comments:

  1. Good review Jade. Didn't need to be two parts honestly, and it shows. It's not terrible, but it's not perfect either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they could have shortened it. I would have enjoyed more action.

      Delete