Sunday, April 15, 2018

Weekend Review: [SPOILERS] You by Caroline Kepnes

 I hate admitting this, but I haven't really been reading much lately. I'd love to get back on track, but I haven't really had a book grab me in a long time. It's been years since I've picked up a book and not been able to put it down. I started looking for something to get myself back into reading. I stumbled upon a youtube channel called ChapterStacks and I saw her review for this book. I knew that I had to read it, but I didn't know how much I'd enjoy the book. I don't think I've ever read anything in second person before, but I enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. The entire book is like a letter to Beck, the love interest. I admit that I don't think I liked Beck very much. She seemed to be a user, only calling or texting Joe whenever she needed or wanted something. I kept wondering why Joe liked her so much when she didn't seem to like him at all. I also kept wondering how much of what was happening was just in Joe's head. Maybe he didn't meet up with Beck at all, and maybe he never killed anyone. Maybe nothing happened and he was just a bored bookstore worker, but that would be no fun. I really don't like movies and books with that sort of ending. Anyway, I loved the book. I can't wait to read the next book in the series, but I am kind of scared. I keep hearing that the book is very different from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment