Monday, January 12, 2015

Writing when you're not in the mood.

I know a lot of writer's go through this, myself included. It's not just standard writer's block, it's where you lose your motivation. I recently lost my motivation. All the things going on with work got to me and I stopped editing my nearly finished future release. I also stopped blogging and tweeting. I didn't want to stop writing, I just lost the motivation to do so. I want to be a writer more than I want anything else, but I haven't been focused. I keep telling myself that it's okay. We all go through phases where it's hard to do what we love. In my case I've opened the word document on my computer and just stared at it for about thirty minutes. It's what I've been going through and are currently still going through, but I don't plan on letting it get me down. I'm going to write something each day, even if I don't feel like it. Even if it's just a journal entry. I have to keep the writing juices flowing. I'm going to browse writing blogs and read books, even if it's only to remind myself of my goals. I'm going to read reviews on amazon.com. I'm going to do everything that I was doing. I really need to get back on track, I can not let this set me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment