Monday, January 19, 2015

Where I expect self-publishing to take me

I haven't been writing regularly, and when I do write it's just a short blurb that barely feels like a blog. Today I had some unexpected free time, so I decided that I should spend some of it on my blog and some of it on my writing. I haven't been doing much writing lately. I have given a lot of thought to my writing dreams, but not really much to what will happen in reality. Today I took a little time to think about what I think will actually happen. The truth is, I don't expect to be half as successful as most self-published authors out there. I need to promote better. I feel like I will be lucky each time I sell a book. I've thought about how much work I'll have to put in to even sell one book. I'll have to promote like crazy, maybe spend some money on ads. I'll have to send my book out for free for reviews, and not all of the reviewers are going to like the book. It'll take the reviewers time to even get to my book. I may do all that work and not sell a single book, but at the end of the day it'll still be worth it to be doing what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment