Friday, January 23, 2015

Casual Friday: American Horror Story Freak Show Review

Now that the season is over I feel like I can review the season. I enjoyed the first two seasons of American horror story, but the last two were lacking. Freak show started out strong, but then it became a mess of too many stories that didn't really make sense. The first thing they did that they shouldn't have was give the killer clown, Twisty, a back story. He was mildly scary before he had one, and after he became a character you could feel sorry for. They also took his character away from the story way too soon. The only thing he achieved was inspiring Dandy to become a killer. Dandy is another part of the show that bothered me. The bored rich boy with a taste for killing and a dislike of clothing. I wasn't among his horde of fan girls who loved to watch him bathe in blood. It seemed unnecessary to have him dancing around in his underwear all the time. The biggest issue I had was the story, or lack there of. Each of the other seasons seemed to have a purpose or mystery about them. This season was just a jumbled mess of story lines that didn't really connect. For example, Neal Patrick Harris and his doll. What was the point of his story line? He didn't add anything to the season, unless he was there to drop hints at the next season. Maybe the next season is doll house, since there have been dolls in other seasons and everything is supposed to be connected. At this point it seems like a mess of loose ends that I would like to see tied up if I keep watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment