Sunday, February 24, 2019

I let someone use my work as their own...

Once upon a time, I let someone use my work as their own. No, not a major author or anything. I was in elementary school when I discovered my love of writing. I developed grammar skills by writing in daily journals at school. My favorite journal entries were the ones where the teacher didn't assign a topic and we got to decide what we wanted to write. We also had writing assignments where we wrote fiction stories. One of these assignments was to write a Halloween story. I was a huge fan of the Goosebumps series at the time, so my mind was filled with ideas that would have easily fit into that show (and book series). I ended up settling on a humorous story and ghosts who had stinky feet. My best friend hadn't had time to write a story, so she asked me to write one for her (which I did). I think if I was able to go back I wouldn't have written the story for her. That was my work and I shouldn't have just given it away. Especially since I think ghostwriting is wrong (in the fiction world).

No comments:

Post a Comment