Thursday, January 5, 2017

What is Hair of The Wolf About?

Recently I have been editing Hair of The Wolf. I hope to publish it soon, but it seems like I never have enough time to sit down with it and edit. I'm grateful when I have the time to go over a few pages, but when I don't I seem to be beyond disappointed. I need to find some kind of balance, like getting up earlier or going to sleep later. Maybe I should cut out watching YouTube videos, but I need to find a way to manage my time better. With that being said I wanted to move onto another subject. I realized that I plan to release Hair of the Wolf soon and there is pretty much no information out there on it. Sure, I've realized the first two paragraphs ages ago (before they were in final form), but I've never really said what it was about. Parts of Hair of the Wolf were based on my own experiences with an ex-boyfriend who wasn't very kind to me. He used to do things to me like make me ashamed to eat, steal my phone when I slept and send messages to people that I cared about, and sometimes he would do physical things to me like slap me or drag me down the hall. All of those things had an impact on me, an impact that I carried over to my main character (Anyssa Marshall). Anyssa is literally a caged animal. She's a werewolf and a former FBI agent, but now she's more like a consultant. She gets locked away after a video of her transforming into a werewolf goes viral and she is only allowed out of her cell whenever the FBI needs her help.

2 comments: