Tuesday, January 31, 2017

No ads please

I am currently working hard to edit Hair of The Wolf (which I hope to get out soon), so I haven't been posting on social media much. I am still planning to make all those changes to my blog and social media that I talked about, but there is something that has come to my attention and I feel that I need to address it now. Earlier today I posted on facebook under a like for like post. I shared my page and this man wrote a long ad for his book (while assumptions about my book that he'd never read). He wasn't a fan of my page, just as passerby who wanted a free ad for his own book. I'm sorry, but as an author I am working hard to edit my next book and make it better than the last. I will be struggling to find new ways to promote myself and my work, which means that I can't always promote everyone else's. My facebook and twitter pages should not be seen as free ad space. Although I am open to promoting authors after I have read their books, I don't want to promote a book that I haven't read. I don't mind people tweeting me a link to their book or sending me a message, but I don't want ads on my facebook page. Sorry, I just felt that I had to address this.


Like Me On Facebook

Follow Me On Twitter

Check Out My Author Page

Sign Up For My Emails

No comments:

Post a Comment