Wednesday, March 4, 2015

How I portray myself vs. how I should portray myself

For the past few weeks I've been looking at my blog and thinking about how it portrays me. Would I want to buy a book from this author if I happened to stumble across this blog? No, I wouldn't. It's not the design of the blog itself that's been bothering me lately. I know that needs improvement. I need a few days to just sit down with the blog and give it a face lift. It's a small bit better than it used to be, but still not where I need it to be. What's been bothering me the most about my blog is the posts that I've been making lately. I've been writing short posts that aren't very well thought out. It doesn't make me attractive as a writer. As I noted before, I wouldn't want to buy a book from someone who doesn't take the time to work on the actual posts in their blog. It would make me wonder if the book was going to have similar content. I've worked really hard on my actual novel, but when you're self published, or planning to be, you are your own marketing team. You have to pay attention to what you put out there. Every blog post, facebook status, and twitter update is a chance to reach more people.

2 comments:

  1. I really love the style of this website and think you did a great job, but I do see where there could be improvements. I'm looking forward to reading your writing when it's available. :) Best wishes to you and I hope you find the design that truly expresses you/your style. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on finding time to improve it. I think it would help if I looked into web design and took more time with my blog entries.

      Delete