Monday, March 23, 2015

Do I prefer Kindle or actual books?

If you had asked me this a year ago I would have said actual books. I used my kindle from time to time, but it was never my favorite platform. Kindle was an app on my phone, which meant that it was hard to see, and I've always loved holding a book in my hands. I love having a book mark and putting the book down when I need a break from reading. I realized very recently that there are a lot of benefits to the kindle that I have been overlooking. Price is a major factor to me in the books that I do buy. I might love an author, but when payday comes my rent comes first. Kindle has a lot of low cost and free books. I don't really feel bad about spending money on kindle because it's not much and if I don't like the author at least I've given them a try. Another great thing about kindle is that there are more self published authors there than anywhere else. A lot of people may say that's a bad thing. It does mean that there will be more books which haven't been edited. In most cases, I can look past bad editing for a good book. If someone asked me which I preferred now, I'm sure it would be a tie. I love paperback books, but I also love reading a book on kindle and being able to bring it everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment