Friday, October 10, 2014

Casual Friday: Dracula Untold

********Warning There Will Be Spoilers********

Tonight I went to see Dracula Untold. I rarely go to the movies, but decided to see this, since I have a love of supernatural creatures. I almost changed my mind after seeing the ratings for it. For some reason no one liked this film, but I did. I was caught off guard by Dracula being a hero. He actually sought out a vampire because he wanted to save his family. For a vampire movie, especially one about Dracula, there was very little blood. There was an exploding vampire, which was a pretty cool use of special effects. It was probably the coolest thing in the entire movie. The plot of the movie shows how Dracula became what he is, but didn't paint him to be a monster. He had human emotion, even when he's killing his enemies. That's the only thing I didn't like about the movie, we don't get to see Dracula the monster. Even at the end of the movie, he's driven by human emotions, primarily a love for his wife. The special effects were cool, but sometimes weird, and there was enough action to keep me entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment