Friday, October 3, 2014

Casual Friday: Being Human season 4 uk review

I promised that I would review the remaining two seasons of the UK's Being Human (which came before the American). I just finished watching season 4 a few days ago and have one more season to go, but I think I should review them season by season. I have mixed feelings about season four. I found Hal and Tom to be more interesting than Mitchell and George, but I didn't like how they killed Nina off screen and then killed George in an early episode. Tom was introduced in season 3, and I have always found his story to be intriguing. He has been a werewolf, since the man who raised him attacked his family when he was an infant. He survived, so the werewolf who attacked decided to raise him out of guilt. His upbringing caused him to be regarded as a child, despite his eagerness to slay vampires. Hal is a vampire who doesn't drink blood. He has rituals he goes through to keep his mind busy and stop him from hurting anyone. I found him to be a more interesting character than both Mitchell and Aidan. I think parts of his back story were mixed with Mitchell's to create Aidan. Anne the ghost is still there, but she's on babysitting duty the entire remainder of the show. Her story is what bugged me the most. It's clear she wanted a baby, however, they don't show her human side. She never once says something about how she'd always hoped to have a baby, she's void of any personality. All she does from that point on is care for the baby. She does get a happy ending. She gets her door, but we never see who's behind it. I can only guess that it was Mitchell, George and Nina.

No comments:

Post a Comment